Wednesday 16 April 2014

Tips & Tricks & DIY Stationary Holder | GCSE Revision

 Hello Everyone!
So lately I've been extremely busy with revision for my GCSE's, so I can understand how frustrating revision is and having to remember everything, so I thought I'd do a post on my tips and advice for revising. I hope some of you find this helpful.






 So what I usually do is get out all my books for any subjects I need to revise for, I first of start of by flicking through them and remembering the topics and things I need to cover. Personally, I find cue-cards the best strategy of revision, so what I usually do for this is I find some colorful card/paper and cut the A4 pieces in half. From there I just go in topics and write down important things I need to remember and key facts etc, I find it much easier to do this all very colorful as I find its more creative and I just generally remember more like this. I also at the end of each topic, say maths, I usually leave a few questions to answer at the end and when it comes to the day of the exam I read through the cards and do the questions at the end as I find that refreshes your mind more.

I also lately created this shall I call it, stationary holder? I used to have all my stationary in a draw in a big ol' mess, which made it extremely difficult and annoying to find any pens or pencils I need. All you will need for this is:

A shoe box or any box of your choice
Lots & lots of toilet roll tubes
Glue Gun

I went for a smallish shoe box as that is much easier to store but also, the toilet roll tubes wouldn't all fit in a bigger one. I skipped this step however, you can paint the box and the tubes all different colours to make it even more better. Please ask for help on this step if your not comfortable with using a glue gun, you want to arrange all the tubes in the box until your happy, once you are happy get a hot glue gun and glue the bottom of the tubes and hold them down tightly to the box, this will stop the tubes sliding around. I find this stationary holder so so helpful, specially for revising as its all there and organised and there's no need for endlessly looking for your pens etc in a unorganized draws.

I hope I helped some of you in some way, if your currently revising for any exams, be it non GCSE, I wish you the best of luck.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment - I reply so make sure you check back x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...